mardi 29 mars 2016

(Unbranded device) Seeking root info. Possibly an Alps M8?

Greetings again forum.
I haven't been around the forum for a while since my old ass HTC touch pro days lol. But you all seem to be the end all/beat all resource for information on rooting devices. I've rooted a number of devices with help from the tutorials posted here.

Here's my issue. My wife just recieved a new phone for a present for her birthday. Her dad bought it off the "WISH" app on his tablet. From what I can tell this app is for cheap asses who wanna try and get a deal. Here's the problem. It is an unbranded phone. It says M8 under the model number yet there is no HTC branding anywhere. This seemed fishy to me so I started looking things up. Turns out he thought he was ordering a HTC M8 according to the description but ended up with this hunk of Chinese crap. It's not even a clone of anything, to the best I can tell.

I am familiar with clones and Chinese knock offs etc. I actually have an iclone. Here's what I was able to find during my research. It's sold on aliexpress which is known to rip people off. However this device is fairly decent. I can forward the link in a PM if need be. Not sure why it thinks I'm a new user I've been a member for over 8 years lol.

The information on the alixpress site is as shady as it gets. The description says quad core, but the info below says dual core. There are other errors but that's not what I'm here to discuss.

I've attached screenshots of the about page. It should have all the relevant info that someone more familiar than myself would need. Ideally if I can root what's on it with an app or a free one click root, that would be awesome.

If not I am ok with putting clockwork mod recovery on it, if there's a guide on how to. And/or cyanogen or another rooted rom that's compatible with this handset.

If anything more is needed to help me, just post up. I'm more than willing to do what needs to be done to solve this conundrum.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: image.jpg Views: N/A Size: 253.1 KB ID: 3701271  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LZ5eaO
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire