jeudi 31 mars 2016

Info: XT1072 vs XT1068 - Hardware compatibility experiences

Hi,
I thought I'd dump some of my experiences with the hardware of those two devices.
I first got a XT1068. Soon after bought a XT1072.

I noticed..
*The vibrator on this particular 1072 is too strong and rattles. I was anal about it, so I swapped each other's SIMTray-SDCardTray-vibrator tray holders. Conclusion: first, the tray holder for the 1068 (dual sim) fits and works correctly on the 1072, but not the other way around - the 1068 had problems with detecting the SIM card. Then, at least in this case, the 1072 with the 1068 tray holder vibrated nicely, so the rattling noises were not caused by some internal lose components (eg: the camera).

*The screen on the 1072 is relatively pinkish. At first I didn't notice it. After comparing them, I could not unsee it. I read the 1072 might actually have a TFT panel instead of an IPS one. I was anal about it, so I swapped them (the whole panel and frame combo). Conclusion: both screens work correctly after the swap. The 1068 panel-frame even can accommodate the extra LTE antenna. I ran an Antutu battery test on the 1072 before and afterwards with no significant score change.

*This particular 1072 has lower volume output on both speakers. On the 1072, the lower speaker is even quieter than the upper one. I was anal about it, so I swapped them. Conclusion: nothing changed. Related note: lower volume might be due that the 1072 uses different "connectors" on the back frame.

*The battery connectors are different. The 1068's is wider. It has more cables.

Notes on the 1072 pictures (they are from before the screens swap)..
Note the gray "connectors" on the back-frame.
That's a dental elastic band on the vibrator. It reduces the vibration and rattle due to friction. It sort of works. Currently trying with a thin strip of duck-tape :P.
The ugly oxidized smudges on the copper shielding where already there when I cracked it open. I totally got a refurbished.

XT1072 Innards
Ghetto-fix-style


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VWWfc4
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire