mardi 27 septembre 2016

A case that does it all?

Hello Everyone,

New Note 4 user here, (yeah sounds strange upgrading from the note 3 finally, but samsungs gone full potato) and like any other purchase, the hunt for cases is on. I have scoured the internet/ebay/threads for possible solutions to my dilemma and haven't found anything, so I figure its a good time to ask. With my N3 I had the Seidio Dilex Extended battery case with the belt clip holster. This was an amazing combo and accounted for 99% of my needs, minus the stupid negative incline when the phone was flat on its back, due to the kickstand bulge.

Anyways, I am having a hell of a hard time finding extended battery cases that have a kickstand, or have the plastic belt clip holsters for that matter. Essentially it looks like its the Zerolemon and thats it for holster combos, or if I want an integrated kickstand, its the mugen, for outrageous pricing.

I had originally hoped that I'd be able to reuse the same case and such from my n3 with some modifications, since these two phones are very close in size. Well that got quickly abandoned, but there was still the possibility of using the seidio case and cover/holster since they appeared to be the same dimensions. Wrong again.

The sides of the case have much steeper angle coming out from the phone on the bottom and top, but could possibly be adjusted depending on how or if I can rework the holster.

and the top


I have found a temporary starting point to try and reclaim some of the utility I had with my N3 with a few random pieces from amazon.
Anker has been out of stock for a while, unless you want to pay scalper prices on ebay, so I figured I'd give Kranich a whirl for the $25 they asked for 6400mah battery and the plastic textured back panel.
Next I picked up a generic tpu honeycomb case (hopefully this is better than the plastic crap I had on my SIII) for $10 http://ift.tt/1Ai8jrQ
and lastly found a neat little gadget for another $10, a magnetic kickstand with adhesive. http://ift.tt/1Ai8jrQ

My plan should it go well, is to try and either cut a loop in the tpu case and secure the kickstand to the plastic backing itself, or to the tpu on the outside if thats not possible. Either way, ill make sure to correct the confusing mistake seidio made by putting the kickstand on the bottom of the phone and having it lay with the bottom of the phone slightly elevated instead of flat.

This should get me back to at least the core level of performance that the seidio case I had before offered, with a little less protection I think.

The last problem however, is the belt holster (or whatever you want to call it). Again, not many options, so I am looking at modifying my existing seidio holster to fit my N4 or possibly getting an otterbox holster and trying to work with that. You know, interestingly enough, I figured Alibaba would be swarming with weird stuff like that, and I really didn't see anything different

If anyone has any bright ideas, I'd love to hear it. Or for that matter any other cool suggestions for gear.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dnK62j
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire