mardi 30 août 2016

bricked galaxy s7 edge

I rooted my galaxy s7 edge (snapdragon) and everything was fine and working except I couldn't get SuperSU to install properly. I would get the app screen, but nothing else. A couple of apps would show up (Root Checker, Flashfire) after I had run them but I didn't get the typical SU screen with settings. I'm not including the softwares used (I did have debugging enabled in Develper options on the phone, secure boot unchecked, and the correct Samsung USB drivers installed) because I don't think it's relevant to my question - if not so, let me know and i'll be glad to provide the info - I'm a newbie at this so please bear with me). I read about the warning to not update the 2.74 version of SuperSU but then I saw the update beta for 2.77 so I tried that. It appeared to run ok; I could see all the commands being executed and then ending and then the phone rebooted, as it's suppose to do. This is when the problem emerged; a screen came up saying "start up failed" and at the top left of the screen it said 'Custom binary blocked by secure boot (boot.img). I rebooted to TWRP recovery mode and tried rebooting which again resulted in the start up failure screen. I then tried the wipe data\factory reset setting and the same thing happened. I then booted to maintenance mode and got the warning screen about a custom OS installation can cause problems but if you want to proceed press volume up key which I did and got the usual Downloading page. At the top of the Downloading page I noted it said, among other identifying info: Odin mode (high speed), FRP lock: off, QUALCOMM Secure Boot: enable, and Secure Download: enable.
But, when connecting the usb cable to the phone and pc, my computer (Win 10) doesn't even see it. Not sees and doesn't recognize, but doesn't even see it. I tried a second USB cable and different ports but got the same results. I tried a second computer and got the same thing.
I am guessing that if I could still access the phone to run rooting apps I could get past the lock. If not now, maybe later on when someone figures our a way to do so. But without a working connection to the phone I am helpless. I am wondering if Verizon disables USB intentionally, so that the phone essentially becomes useless. Or, is it a coincidence and perhaps there is something wrong with the usb hardware.
Is there a way out of this other than having to pay for it to be fixed (which Samsung won't do - I called - and maybe Verizon not either).
Thanks in advance -
j-brah


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bHtVZH
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire