mardi 31 mai 2016

M9 Phones have more than one type/brand of screen?

Hello everyone,

I've just jumped to M9 from my old, but still as hard as stone Sennie not even two weeks ago. And today I got another M9 for my gf. My phone is a Taiwan M9U model, and hers, which I got today is M9 shipped to Germany. And here the story began, I turned on the new phone -note that mine was new too- and realized that the colors look different. There cannot such big difference of course as they have the same screen technology with same resolution and size. However, still, on the German one, whites are whiter, on the Taiwan model whites are a bit yellowish -not as much as amoleds- but still yellowish compared to the new one, which is annoying. Overally, German M9 screen looks better than the Taiwan M9U.

Note: Both phones are stock, not touched, updated to the latest version, display temperature vs. everything default.

Here are some possible reasons for that problem:

1. I remember Sensation screens were produced by two different manufacturers, and they had slight color balance differences of course. So this is one of the possible reasons for this difference (could not check the Panel id, getting permission denied when I put dmesg command. Dont know if this way I can get the screen brand on these phones, this was how we did to get Sensation display model/brand).

2. Taiwan phone was manufactured within one of the first sets of M9 models, so it is one of the earliest M9 phones, while the German one is 5 months old HTC live support agent says. So the changes in the display colors may be due to changing materials or whatever in time.

3. Probably the worst one here: Screen gets yellowish in time as the phone gets a bit hot, though it has been only 12 days since I started using my M9.

I will try to provide photos later, as I need another camera to show that clearly.

I am sorry if this is mentioned in the forum before.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XbjFNi
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire