mardi 31 mai 2016

No GSM connection on my Nexus 5 anymore...

Hi,

Just writing this if anyone has an idea.

Some weeks ago, I bought a Nexus 5 for my daughter. It was a used device, but in good shape and perfectly functional.
My daughter is a bit clumsy... After 10 days I gave it to her, she said "Dad, I have no connection anymore".
And indeed, the carrier signal sign showed "empty".

Here's what I did to troubleshoot the problem (at least to try to troubleshoot it as it is still there) :
- 1°) swapped SIM cards : put mine into her phone and hers into mine : result, her SIM card is working in my phone ; mine isn't working in her phone ;
- 2° re-installed a Google Nexus 5 "Factory image"... so system is brand spanking new here :)

Here are the exact symptoms :
- 1°) with no SIM card the phone shows "Missing SIM card" symbol ;
- 2°) if I insert a SIM card, the symbol changes to an "Empty signal" symbol ;
- 3°) a message says : "No connection"... but this is followed by the carrier's name...

So I suspect that the card is working and is recognized, but that the antenna (or what ever it is) is not connected anymore.
Anyone knows if there's a simple fix to this ?
My daughter said she dropped the phone a couple of times (as I said, she's a little clumsy !).

Any help would be appreciated from this great community :)

Regards.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1qZSrdX
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire